Help on tapping data from GCM output

Xiangshang Li (xli1@mailhost.tcs.tulane.edu)
Fri, 21 Jul 95 11:40:14 CDT

From: Xiangshang Li <xli1@mailhost.tcs.tulane.edu>
Subject: Help on tapping data from GCM output
To: ccm-users@ncar.UCAR.EDU
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 95 11:40:14 CDT

Hi:

As one of Dr. Sailor's graduate students in the Dept. of Mech.
Engr., Tulane University, I am assisting Dr. Sailor on a project sponsored
by the National Institute of Global Environmental Change. One part of the
project is about relating global climate change to the regional scales.
Currently we are thinking about an approach of combining the output from
a GCM to local observed climate.

To get the CCM output (both 1XCO2 and 2XCO2 runs) from NCAR, we
have contacted Dr. Buja at the CCMprocessor group and he suggested we
apply for an account and some Cray time at NCAR, and, join this ccm-users
group.

The data we need are multi-year averaged, daily mean for an entire
year, for a few locations across the U.S.. The variables are temperature,
relative humidity, pressure, and velocity for a few levels such as surface and
500hpa, 850hpa etc.

We would greatly appreciate any infomation or advice about how to
obtain the aforesaid GCM data.

Thanks

Xiangshang Li

xli1@mailhost.tcs.tulane.edu or xli1@freret.me.tulane.edu