gbytes

David P. Hansen (daveh@cres20.anu.edu.au)
Thu, 28 Sep 1995 11:46:41 +1000 (EST)

From: daveh@cres20.anu.edu.au (David P. Hansen)
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 1995 11:46:41 +1000 (EST)
To: ccm-users <ccm-users@ncar.UCAR.EDU>
Subject: gbytes

Hi ccm-users,

Here at the Australian National University we have a Fujitsu-vp220. Fujtisu
America did a port of CCM2 onto this environment - and it seems to work very
well thus far.

In fact, it works so well that we are getting HEAPS of data and although
we have a silo mass store system, which is apparently considerably
different to the one at NCAR, we are still having hassles moving all
this data about.

I am looking at using gbytes/sbytes to pack (and unpack) the history files
and I was wondering if anyone has had experience using these subroutines.
So far I have gotten the c version of the package and have attempted to write
my own little test program so as to undersatnd what is going on and how
to put it in the ccm code.o

Any help would be most appreciated....

Cheers,

Dave

David Hansen
Centre for Resource and Environmental Studies
Australian National University, A.C.T. 0200
Ph: (06) 249 5015 fax: (06) 249 0757
email : daveh@cres.anu.edu.au