Re: ccmlog

CCM Processor (ccmproc2@neit.cgd.ucar.edu)
Mon, 27 Nov 1995 17:24:27 -0700 (MST)

From: ccmproc2@neit.cgd.ucar.edu (CCM Processor)
Subject: Re: ccmlog
To: foster@vishnu.hao.ucar.edu (Ben Foster)
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 1995 17:24:27 -0700 (MST)

>A run of ccm2 on shavano last night about 7:50 pm crashed...
>...The routine ccmlog was attempting to close a small file on the
>directory /ccm/ccm2/.acct.

The generic CCM2 automatically writes an short accounting
file, with the users name and the length of the model run.
This provides us with some feel for the degree to which
the CCM2 is being utilized.

The /ccm filesystem, where the log is kept, is also used
to store the Processor and other CCM related tools. Over
the Thanksgiving weekend, a test version of the Processor
which I was working with consumed the remaining space on
the /ccm filesystem. The error you saw resulted from the
model attempting to write to the full /ccm filesystem.

As soon as I was aware of the problem, the space was freed
and numerous steps have been taken to ensure that this
will not occur again.

--
                               Lawrence Buja
                               ccmproc2@ncar.ucar.edu