Re: DERFLD error in Processor

CCM Processor (ccmproc2@neit.cgd.ucar.edu)
Thu, 16 Jun 94 11:00:08 MDT

From: ccmproc2@neit.cgd.ucar.edu (CCM Processor)
Subject: Re: DERFLD error in Processor
To: ccm-users@ncar.ucar.edu
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 94 11:00:08 MDT

>CCM-Users,
>
>Can anybody tell me what I'm doing wrong with my DERFLD entries in running
>the Processor? I'm trying to define the field PRECT from the CCM2 history
>tape fields PRECC and PRECL, and then using PRECT in the calculation of
>another field.
>
>Here's my output:
>
> TITLEA = 'BONAN CCM2 Control - First July'
> MSPFXI = '/BONAN/ccm2/001/hist/'
> TAPESA = '07-01'
> DAYSA = -1.0
> FIELDA1 = 'T','PRECT','P-E'
> DERFLD =
> 'PRECT',111,0,3,0,
> 'PRECC','PRECL',':PLUS',8.64E7,':TIMES','.END'
>
> 'P-E',111,0,3,0,
> 'PRECT','LHFLX',28.47,':DIVIDE',':MINUS','.END'
> HPROJ = 'RECT'
> HPCONOL = 'MODEL'
> SFCTTAP = '/CCRUW/CCM2/CCM2T42SFC'
> HPCINT = 'T',992.,5.,'T',970.,-1.,'PRECT',1000.,1.,
> 'P-E',1000.,1.
> DPLTMF = 'UG'
> DPLTFN = 'proc02.ccm2.bonan.xyplt'
> ENDOFDATA
> ***** ATTEMPT TO REDEFINE THE COMPUTATION TYPE 111 FIELD PRECT

Rich,

PRECT already exists as a code-defined derived field. Either add the ICP:

UNDEFDF = 'PRECT'

to free up the name 'PRECT' or call your field 'PRECT' something else.

UNDEFDF List of code-defined derived fields (*CDFL) to be undefined (up to
100 CHARACTER field names, default is no fields undefined). Undef-
ining fields with this ICP has the effect of freeing up the code
defined name so that it can be used for other purposes, for example,
defining a user-defined derived field (*UDFL).

Lawrence Buja
ccmproc2@ncar.ucar.edu