Data projections on maps

Agbeli K. Ameko (aameko@acl.lanl.gov)
Wed, 25 Jan 1995 11:19:58 -0700

From: "Agbeli K. Ameko" <aameko@acl.lanl.gov>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 1995 11:19:58 -0700
To: ccm-users@ncar.ucar.edu
Subject: Data projections on maps

Hi, I am a new NCAR user and I have two questions:

1. I have a test model writen in fortran 77 that bassically finds the
ice cap edge at a given latitude. THe code outputs the data into a
file called results.dat. This file has one row for latitude and another
for temperature until the ice cap is found. I would like to know if I
could lay this data on a map using ezmap or would I have to use another
option. For example, If I steped my calculation through time the ice cap
edge would move up and down in the latitudinal direction. Is there a way
that NCAR graphics can drw on the map the ice cap edge at each different time
step.

2. I have a three demensional model that outputs three rows of data into
separate data (*.dat) for each time interval. So basically I have a bunch
of data files that represent "frames" in time during my calculation. Can
NCAR graphics read these data files and lay them on top of a map.? I
have temperature, height, and latitude. So can NCAR make a globe that would
show the glaciers height represented by colors or contours, and temperatures
represented by a color gradient of some type. In short I should be able
to se the glacier growing vertically and latitudanally with each frame or
melting. Were should I start to come up with such output with NCAR.
Would this consist of ezmap calls or something else.

If anyone has any suggestions
please let me know. THANKS

Agbeli Ameko
aameko@rho.lanl.gov