Re: data unpack

CCM Processor (ccmproc2@isis.cgd.ucar.edu)
Tue, 7 Mar 95 9:04:12 MST

From: ccmproc2@isis.cgd.ucar.edu (CCM Processor)
Subject: Re: data unpack
To: ccm-users@ncar.ucar.edu
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 95 9:04:12 MST

Min Dong asks...
>I want copy some CCM history tape from Cray to my local computer and do
>some analysis. I have a program that can transform unpacked Cray binary
>data to my compter format.But some history tape are packed 2 to 1.
>Could any one tell me how to unpack the data or just tell me the
>structure of the packed data.

The main Processor mosaic help page is located at URL:

http://www.cgd.ucar.edu/cms/processor.html

In the Sample.Processor.Codes directory, there is an example FORTRAN
code which does unpacking called: D.5 Unsupported-tools/rdhst.ccm2.sh.

This example code illustrates the structure of the packing: along each
longitude, level-by-level, variable-by-variable, latitude-by-latitude.

The code is designed to be run on the Crays here at NCAR.

--
                                     Lawrence Buja
                                     ccmproc2@ncar.ucar.edu