Reading ieee datasets on cray

Gordon Carrie (gdc3491@csrp.tamu.edu)
Wed, 24 May 1995 20:58:22 -0600

Date: Wed, 24 May 1995 20:58:22 -0600
To: ccm-users@ncar.UCAR.EDU
From: gdc3491@csrp.tamu.edu (Gordon Carrie)
Subject: Reading ieee datasets on cray

I am attempting to run ccm2 on a Cray-ymp. I am designating the input files
from the ftp distribution package as ieee using "assign -F f77 -N ieee
SEP1," etc. However, when the model reads from a file into a Cray single
precision variable, it assumes the data in the file is ieee single
precision. This
creates a conflict because the files contain ieee double precision.

Is there a quick way (option or environment variable) to tell the Cray that the
input files are ieee double precision? One could read into intermediate
Cray double precision variables and "demote" them, but I am afraid this
might impair
performance.

Thanks,
Gordon Carrie