CRAY Boundary sets & Preprocessor

Henk Witte (henk_witte@sara.nl)
Tue, 18 Jul 1995 16:09:08 +0200

Date: Tue, 18 Jul 1995 16:09:08 +0200
From: henk_witte@sara.nl (Henk Witte)
Subject: CRAY Boundary sets & Preprocessor
To: ccm-users@ncar.UCAR.EDU

Hello all,

I am also a new CCM user. I am (trying to) run the CCM2 on our own CRAY, here in
rainy Amsterdam. I've succeeded in doing the RS6000 run that came with the
CCM2 ftp version (on our RS6000 cluster), but have not been able to run the
model
on the CRAY. The reason is that, on the CRAY, the initial datasets are expected
to be in COS BLOCKED format. The initial datasets from the ftp version are
apperantly not in this format. Are the datafiles available somewhere for the
CRAY, or is there a known way to work around this problem??

Also, I would like to process the history files (tapes), e.g. to calculate
monthly averages. Is there a public version of the CCM processor available
somewhere?

Thanks for any information!

Cheers, Henk Witte

Dr. Henk J.L. Witte
Hugo de Vries-Laboratorium
Universiteit van Amsterdam
Kruislaan 318 Tel.: +31 (0)20 5257950
1098 SM Amsterdam Fax.: +31 (0)20 5257662
The Netherlands Email: henk_witte @ sara.nl