Re: CCM2 history tape index?

CCM Group Directories (ccm@sage.cgd.ucar.EDU)
Tue, 18 Jul 1995 08:29:21 -0600 (MDT)

From: ccm@sage.cgd.ucar.EDU (CCM Group Directories)
Subject: Re: CCM2 history tape index?
To: ahlquist@rossby.met.fsu.edu (Jon Ahlquist)
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 1995 08:29:21 -0600 (MDT)

>I would like to clarify a request made by my graduate student,
>Shuangxi Xu, yesterday. We are looking for the history tapes
>of CCM2 runs made from observed sea surface temperature
>boundary conditions, not only the SSTs. We are also looking
>for history tapes for the longest "public domain" run made
>with seasonally varying climatological SST boundary conditions.
>Is there any index of such history tapes some place?
>
>Jon Ahlquist (ahlquist@met.fsu.edu)
>Dept. of Meteorology
>Florida State University
>Tallahassee, FL
================

The information you want is contained in the NCAR Technical Note
NCAR/TN-391 by Gloria Williamson. This, along with all other
CCM2 documentation is available via the network (see attached
message).

CCM Core Group
(0)

--

THE CCM2 DOCUMENTATION AVAILABLE IN POSTSCRIPT FORM. ----------------------------------------------------

The complete set of CCM2 and CCM Processor documentation Technical Notes are now available in postscript format from the CGD Gopher. Each Technical Note is a single postscript file which the user can download and print/view at their site (the CCM2 Users Guide is the exception to this, it is broken up into a number of smaller postscript files).

TN-383.ps. Introduction to the CCM Processor (894K) TN-384.ps. CCM Processor Users Guide (3327K) TN-382.ps. Description of the NCAR CCM2 (816K) TN-391.ps. CCM2 Datasets and Circulation Statistics (693K) TN-379 Users Guide to NCAR CCM2 (directory)

These files may be downloaded from the CGD Gopher server at:

.../USA/Colorado/NCAR/NCAR-UCAR Divisions/CGD/Processor/documentation/...

or in .gopherrc bookmark format (put this in your ~/.gopherrc file to create a gopher "bookmark" which points to the documentation directory):

Type=1 Name=CCM documentation Path=1/processor/doc Host=isis.cgd.ucar.edu Port=70

or via mosaic in the directory:

gopher://isis.cgd.ucar.edu/11/processor/doc